OUR STAFF WELCOMES YOU!
NEW ADMINISTRATOR!!! COMET--------GOOD LUCK COMET....
BLOG SITE UPDATED
THIS BLOG SITE WAS LAST UPDATED ON TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 15/09 (BsM)
SPONSOR A GUINEA PIG
Sponsor A Pig!
SIGN OUR GUESTBOOK
PLEASE STOP BY THE GUEST BOOK, & LET US KNOW THAT YOU WERE HERE. WE'D LOVE FOR YOU TO SAY HELLO. IT'S LOCATED BELOW THE LIBRARY.. (BsM)

The Affects of Exercise Balls (GPG)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Affects of Exercise Balls (GPG)

Post  Admin on Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:38 am

*See bottom of post for author & source*

"This is a video of one of my five guinea pigs, Honey. I rescued Honey from an abusive home about a month ago. Within that month, she has made progress from her pitiful form in which we took her in. She had bumble foot and scurvy but with a stable diet and fluffy fleece she was well. Although there is one thing that she will never outgrow or can heal from: her back problems. She was forced to "play" in an exercise ball by her previous owners. Guinea pigs skeletal systems can not handle the stress of being curved in a position that an exercise ball enforces, it harms the guinea pigs' back. Now little Honey here has serious back problems which cost a fortune in vet bills only to find out she will never be able to walk properly again. She trips over a small wrinkle in her fleece and cries for her guinea pig buddy when left alone, her friend has become her guide. Although she has multiple problems, her love for humans is not affected. Through everything humans have done unto her she is not skittish nor hides from complete strangers.

I bought one of these exercise balls once upon a time, when I had my first guinea pig. I tried it out on her, but she did nothing, she sat in the ball blank. So not only do these balls harm guinea pigs skeletal systems and cost many expensive vet bills, they are useless. Guinea pigs do not know how to use them. Do you think that in the wild there are thousands of exercise balls waiting to be used by guinea pigs? I don't think so. This little girl pleads of you to STOP selling exercise balls for the sake of guinea pig owners everywhere who may not know of the dangers of these "toys".

In regards "The Goddess Herd"."

Here is my baby, Honey. Her previous owners had her in an exercise ball frequently. She now has back problems and hops to get around. To sum it all up, DO NOT USE EXERCISE BALLS. they are a waste of money and ruin your guinea pigs' backs. Here is a video of Honey walking.

You can see that she hops instead of walking and a little while into the video her foot sticks out a little and I move it to her side, another affect of the exercise balls. Her back feet are a little lame. At the very end she curls in my lap, although her back is pretty messed up, her love for my family and I is not affected.

WRITTEN BY - Guinea Pig Goddess
SOURCE - Cavy Galore Forums
http://www.cavygalore.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=information

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 357
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top